To be the preferred supplier of hardware, building materials, and Finish sales in all markets we serve.
· Honesty, Integrity, & Pride in what we accomplish together
- Respect for Each Other
- Community Involvement
- Passion, Enthusiasm and Hunger
For the last four generations, the Crocketts have been in the hardware and lumber business. In 90 years the family has evolved from small neighborhood hardware store to running three Do-It-Best hardware store/lumber yards in the Clearwater Valley and Camas Prairie, with each generation bringing something new to the table. In 1928, Oren Crockett bought an interest in the J M Bryant store with John Bryant. John Bryant was father to the late Vera Werner and Maxine Musiel of Orofino. After the death to typhoid fever of their son William, Oren and his wife, Nell moved to Riverside, CA. In 1930 they returned to Orofino, bought out the interest of John Bryant and started Crockett's Hardware.
Orofino Builders Supply burned to the ground at the present location on April 14, 1970. John, Frank and crew rebuilt the entire store themselves. Those in the crew besides John and Frank were Lowell (Dick) Bashaw, Sonny Mitchell, Irv Foster and Homer Noah. Steve Crockett, John’s second oldest son, joined the business upon the reopening in September of 1970. Leila came on board in September of 1973. Shortly thereafter Steve’s brother, Doug Crockett came home and he became a partner with Steve and Leila Crockett.
As the needs of the communities change, the Crocketts have tried to keep up with those changes. They continue to look for ways to serve the needs of their customers and in the last couple of years have added takeoff services, crane service, and installed insulation to their repertoire. A brand new store, Clearwater Builders Supply opened Dec 1, 2007 between Kamiah and Kooskia. Centrally located between the existing Orofino Builders Supply and Grangeville Builders Supply, the new store helped centralize the distribution of building materials and allow them to service a greater segment of the Clearwater Valley and Camas Prairie. The hunting and fishing department was closed in 2012 and the design center, featuring cabinets, flooring and appliances was built. The Orofino Design Center got it's new home at 830 Michigan Ave in Nov 2014. The Crocketts have committed themselves to putting the needs of their customers at the forefront as evidenced by the expansion of their business over the years. There have many changes over the last 90 years but the Crockett family’s commitment to quality and customer service has remained unchanged and will continue into the future.